- Generation Home
- London Street Generating Station
- Campbellford Generating Station
- Robert G. Lake Generating Station
- Lily Lake Solar Farm
- LFG Generation Facility
- Stanley Adamson Powerhouse
- Waste Water Treatment Plant Generation Facility
- Peterborough Utilities Buckhorn Hydro
- Peterborough Utilities Dam 24 Hydro
Peterborough Utilities Buckhorn Hydro
Peterborough Utilities Inc. (PUI) is one of four major business groups within the Peterborough Utilities Group of Companies. PUI has been responsible for the management of electrical generation and continues to pursue projects focused on renewable and clean energy resources including waterpower, solar and bio gas.
Currently PUI owns and operates approximately 30 Megawatts (MW) of installed capacity including one solar, one biogas and four water power facilities, three of which are located on the Otonabee River.
The Large Renewable Procurement (LRP) has been developed by the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO – formerly known as the Ontario Power Authority) as a competitive process for procuring large renewable energy projects, generally larger than 500 kilowatts. For more information on the LRP program, please consult the IESO website at http://www.powerauthority.on.ca/large-renewable-procurement/lrp-overview.
On March 9th, 2016 PUI was awarded a generation contract by the IESO through their LRP program for the construction of a water power project.
Currently PUI is proposing to design, build and operate a 1.5 to 2.5 Megawatt water power project located in the Township of Selwyn and the Municipality of Trent Lakes, in the County of Peterborough, at or near Lock 31 of the Trent-Severn Waterway. It is important to note that detailed planning, environmental assessments and consultation will occur as part of the projects initial activities. This also includes the completion of all permitting and approval processes with municipal, provincial and federal agencies, including Parks Canada.
Detailed information related to the Peterborough Utilities Buckhorn Hydro project can be found through the following links:
Public Community Meetings
- Notice of Public Community Meeting for a Project Proposal Under the Large Renewable Procurement Peterborough Utilities Buckhorn Hydro
- Information Panels from Public Community Meeting July 13, 2015
- Meeting Summary Report Peterborough Utilities Buckhorn Hydro - July 13, 2015
- Meeting Summary Report Peterborough Utilities Buckhorn Hydro - July 16, 2015
- Community Engagement Plan - Peterborough Utilities Buckhorn Hydro
- Site Considerations Information - Peterborough Utilities Buckhorn Hydro
|PETERBOROUGH UTILITIES INC.|
Eric R. Prevost